Improved customer experience and reduced cost through speech analytics
Speech analytics is one of the fastest growing tech segments in the contact center market. This is a technology that delivers rapid insight into a range of improvement opportunities, based on an analysis of a large number of customer conversations. Some of the benefits of speech analytics include an improved understanding of customer behaviors, potential revenue opportunities, as well as positive and negative aspects of service interactions. Highly effective tools exist to perform this analysis and they are extremely interesting for companies like Transcom who regard customer care as their core business. There are many opportunities to improve customer satisfaction and Net Promoter Scores (NPS) through speech analytics. For example, a search on terms with negative implications can help identify detractors or potential detractors, as well as the reasons for poor customer satisfaction. Gartner, in its report “Getting Value From Speech Analytics in the Contact Center”, describes the most innovative aspects of a speech analytics tool:
- Emotion detection: monitoring the words used and changes in tone of voice and volume reveals the emotional state of the customer and the operator.
- Conversation analysis: separating the customer and operator sound tracks makes it possible to perform a detailed analysis of the progress of the conversation. Occurrences like a long pause in the conversation or speaking at the same time are flagged as potential interaction issues. Breaks in the conversation, for example, suggest that action should be taken to improve operator preparation, while speaking at the same time can point to a dissatisfied customer.
- Improve the Customer Experience;
- Reduce operating costs;
- Improve service quality;
- Identify cross-selling and upselling opportunities;
- Accelerate the generation of new business;
- Reduce Customer Attrition.